Cranberry Chicken Salad on Flatbread
If you love chicken salad this recipe is a must try!!!
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup 100% cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat poppy seed dressing
- 8 oz grilled white chicken meat, diced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 8 flatbread rolls, split
- Place cranberries and cranberry juice in a saucepan and heat slightly. Remove from heat, cool to room temperature. Cranberries will absorb all liquid. Hold.
- In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and dressing.
- Stir in diced chicken, celery and scallions. Toss well to coat. Stir in reserved cranberries and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- To Serve: For each serving, place 1/4 cup spinach onto flatbread roll and portion 1/2 cup salad on top of spinach. Replace top and serve.
- Variations: Use additional fruits, including fresh mango, pineapple, melon, blueberries, peaches, pears etc. in salad.