- The payments will be made at a rate of 3 cents per pound on 21,371 pounds per acre, which equals $641.13 per acre. The total allocation for cranberries is $26.2 million.
- Acreage will be based on 2019 figures as per USDA/FSA data.
- There is a payment limitation of $250,000 per grower.
- Eligible growers need to have an annual Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $900,000 OR LESS. If 75% of your total AGI is farm related, then no limit applies.
- Payments will be broken into three installments with only the first payment guaranteed. Subsequent payments would be made at the discretion of the USDA and based on market conditions and trade opportunities in the coming months.
- The first payment will be 50% of a grower’s total calculated payment and will be made starting in late August. The second payment would be made in November and the third and final payment in January 2020. Again, the final two payments are made at the discretion of USDA.
- All payments will be administered and made by USDA/FSA.
The CMC will be hosting an open Zoom meeting on Tuesday, April 6 at 1:00 p.m. EST. The agenda will be to discuss a social media training proposal submitted by Volition Partners. If you would like to participate in the call, please contact Karen Cahill at...