Chef Phil's Cranberry Surprise
- 6 puff pastry shells
- 2 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 dash Grand Marnier optional
- whipped cream for garnish
- Bake the puff pastry shells (unfilled) according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, stir together the cranberries, sugar, water, and cornstarch. Turn on heat to medium, cover, and bring to a boil. Let cook for a few minutes until the mixture thickens, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cranberry mixture into the center of each pastry shell. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream.