- 1 double refrigerated pie dough
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen, thawed cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 T freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp. orange zest (grated orange rind)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake bottom crust in 9 inch pie shell for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cranberries, sugar, raisins, orange juice, orange zest, cinnamon, salt, nuts, and cornstarch.
- Fill cooled pie shell with the cranberry filling, and dot the top of the filling the pieces of butter.
- Make a few slits or holes in the unbaked top crust, place on filling, and fold and crimp edges to form a beautiful edge. Brush top crust with beaten egg and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees, and then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 45 minutes.