Entrées|Lunch|Soups & Salads
Tenderloin, Cranberry & Pear Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Ingredients for Tenderloins:
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- Ingredients for Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 1 to 3 T water
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 package (5 ounces) mixed baby salad greens
- 1 medium red or green pear, cored, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled Goat Cheese (optional)
- Salt, as desired
Season beef steaks with pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, whisk honey mustard dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide salad greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries.
Carve steaks into thin slices, season with salt as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over each salad. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.