Tenderloin, Cranberry & Pear Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Ingredients for Tenderloins:
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- Ingredients for Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 1 to 3 T water
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 package (5 ounces) mixed baby salad greens
- 1 medium red or green pear, cored, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled Goat Cheese (optional)
- Salt, as desired
- Season beef steaks with pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk honey mustard dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide salad greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries.
- Carve steaks into thin slices, season with salt as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over each salad. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.
- Recipe courtesy of: the Tehama County Cattle Women for the Healthy Beef Cookbook