Cranberry Pecan Rice Pilaf
Ingredients for Cranberry Pecan Rice Pilaf
- 2 T butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted*
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and heat to boiling; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, cranberries, pecans and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Note: *To toast pecans, spread nuts on small baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring frequently.