Chef Phil's Cranberry Surprise
Ingredients for Chef Phil's Cranberry Surprise
- 4 c cranberries
- 1 c water
- 1 c sugar
- 2 T cornstarch to thicken (optional)
- Dash of Grand Marnier (optional)
- Vol-au-Vent Shells (pastry shells located int he freezer section of your grocery store) prepared according to package directions
- Whipped cream
- Stir the cranberries, sugar, cornstarch, water and Grand Marnier in a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture boils and thickens. Let cool. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of cranberry mixture onto each pastry shell. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream. May be served hot or cold.
- Cranberry mixture serves up to 50. Extra cranberry mixture may be refrigerated up to two weeks.
- Recipe courtesy of: Chef Phil Marchant Abbotsford, B.C.