Chilled Cranberry and Lettuce Taco
Ingredients for Chilled Cranberry and Lettuce Taco
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ½ Romaine lettuce
- ½ lb. minced pork meat
- ¼ lb. minced beef
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 large tomato, skinned and blended
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- 1 T beef stock granules
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil, fry onion and garlic to a golden brown, stir in meat and beef stock granules; stir occasionally. Pour in tomato, parsley, almonds and half of the cranberries. Leave all the ingredients to go golden brown. Check seasoning.
- Serve the meat and cranberries mixture over the lettuce leaves; roll up, decorate with cranberries and parsley.
- Tip: If desired, prepare smaller tacos and serve them as snack along with hot sauce.
- Cranberry Marketing Committee - Mexico