Cranberries with Garlic and Kale
Ingredients for Cranberries with Garlic and Kale
- 4 quarts water
- 1 1/4 tablespoons salt
- 2 pounds kale, stems and center ribs removed, and leaves coarsely torn
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) dried cranberries
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine water, salt and kale in a 6-quart pot. Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until the kale is almost tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain in a colander, then immediately transfer kale to an ice bath to stop cooking. When kale is cool, drain but do not squeeze.
- Cook garlic in oil in same pot over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add kale, dried cranberries, salt and pepper, and cook, tossing frequently with tongs, until kale is heated through and tender, 4 to 6 minutes.