Cranberry and Almond Cream
- 3/4 can cranberry sauce
- 1 bag Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup peeled almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 4 shallots
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 liter chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet white wine
- 1 tbsp granulated chicken consomme
- 1 bunch scallions
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat; saute shallots, add almonds, cranberry sauce and half the scallions. Blend this mixture with half the chicken broth and return this mixture to saucepan; add remaining broth, white wine, and cream; season with consomme , mix well and bring to a boil. If necessary, season again.
- In the remaining butter fry almonds with a little salt.
- Garnish with cranberries, toasted almonds and remaining scallions upon serving.