Cranberry and Spinach Side Dish
- 1 bag Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts or hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 1/4 cup spinach leaves, stemmed and washed (lettuce optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Hydrate cranberries with boiling water, drain and reserve.
- Lightly brown pine nuts and walnuts or hazelnuts, moving continuously over low heat.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, saute onion; add garlic and allow to cook one minute more. Lower heat, add cranberries, all nuts, and spinach; stir until lightly cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with lettuce if desired.