Cranberry Apple Chutney
Ingredients for Cranberry Apple Chutney
- 1 cup chopped onions, white or yellow
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger root
- 2 cups of cider vinegar
- 6 cups apples, peeled and chopped (Pippins or Granny Smiths)
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cayenne (start with one and see....)
- 3/4 lb dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Puree the onions, garlic, and ginger root in a food processor with 1/2 cup vinegar.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, heat all ingredients except for the cranberries, and simmer until thickened.
- Add the dried cranberries during the last 15 minutes.
- This can be packed and sealed in canning jars, or simply refrigerated until ready to use.