Cranberry Apple Crisp
- 5 cups sliced tart (e.g. Granny Smith) apples
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Pare and core apples. Layer apples and cranberries in pan, sprinkling with sugar as you layer.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Work in butter with a fork or your fingers until light and crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over apples and cranberries.
- Bake 45 minutes or until apples are tender.