Cranberry Baked Beans
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 habernaro minced
- 3/4 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a stovetop-safe and oven-safe Dutch oven on thestovetop over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes,uncovered, until it starts to get slightly crisp.
- Add the onion and habanero to the pot with the baconand cook for 3 minutes, uncovered, then add the cranberries and cook foranother minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients – the GreatNorthern Beans, tomato paste, brown sugar, maple syrup, Worcestershire,mustard, and stock. Turn off heat, cover, and transfer the Dutch oven to thepreheated oven. Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees F. Let cool for a fewminutes the enjoy!
- You do not have to defrost the cranberries if using frozen.
- If you do not have a habanero, substitute with a jalapeno or serrano pepper.
- This recipe makes 4-6 side dish servings. The nutrition analysis below is based on 6 smaller servings.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 39.5g | Protein: 11.5g | Fat: 2.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 480mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13.5g