Cranberry Bayou Crab Cakes
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup celery, small dice
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, small dice
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, chopped fine
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb. crabmeat, cooked, drained
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups saltine crackers, crushed
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 lemon, sliced in wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saute pan, melt butter and then saute garlic, onions, celery and peppers until tender, approximately 3 minutes, then cool.
- Mix sauteed vegetables with crabmeat, Dijon mustard, bread crumbs, lemon juice, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, dried cranberries, saltine crackers, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into 12 3-oz. cakes
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet. Fry the cakes until evenly brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon wedge.