Cranberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
Ingredients for Cranberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chipotle (smoked jalapeno chili) powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, saute ginger, onions and garlic in olive oil until tender but not browned.
- Combine remaining ingredients in food processor or blender with ginger-onion-garlic mixture. Process until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.