- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (approximately 2 whole limes)
- 1 teaspoon finely-grated fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup chopped green onion/scallion (white and green sections, approximately 4 green onions)
- tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, juice limes. Add freshly grated ginger, sugar, pepper and salt to bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In the food processor bowl, add fresh cranberries, jalapeño pepper, cilantro and green onion. Pulse approximately 5 times to combine.
- Place cranberry mixture into a serving bowl and add lime mixture. Stir to combine with a rubber spatula.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and serve with tortilla chips.
- Carlene Thomas, RDN, LD, Healthfully Ever After