Ingredients for Cranberry Confit
- 2 12 oz. pkges, washed Cranberries
- 2 cups granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Orange, seedless, washed, and unpeeled
- 1 Pint frozen Assorted Berries (found in frozen food section of stores)
- Star of Anise, optional
- *You can save strawberries, raspberries and blueberries from summer that are bruised or broken and freeze them for use in this sauce.
- Combine cranberries, assorted berries, water and sugar in a large sauce pan. Cut orange into small pieces and place in robot coupe bowl. Process until very fine with no large pieces of peel remaining. Add to saucepan. Simmer mixture until thickened and most of the berries have burst their skin. Cool rapidly and place in a sanitized storage container. Seal tightly.
- Recipe courtesy of: Joe Atkins