Cranberry Dark and Stormy
- Cranberry Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons honey, agave, or pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Dark and Stormy (per cocktail):
- Ginger Beer
- 1.5 ounces dark rum (I like spiced)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cranberry simple syrup
- Prepare the Cranberry Simple Syrup: Add all of the ingredients for the cranberry syrup to a saucepan and bring to a full boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle boil, simmer, and cook until cranberries have softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool. Once cool enough to handle, strain the cranberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer, pressing the pulp into the strainer to maximize the amount of syrup you get out. Discard the pulp and refrigerate the syrup until ready to use.
- Prepare the Dark and Stormys: Fill glasses with ice and fill most of the way up with ginger beer. Carefully pour in the cranberry syrup, followed by the dark rum. Serve with fresh cranberries and enjoy.
- he Cranberry Marketing Committee and Julia Mueller of The Roasted Root