Cranberry Fall Harvest Salad
For the Dressing
- 5 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar (or sherry vinegar)
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For the salad
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups pumpkin diced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 10 oz mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- Start by preparing the dressing. Combine the all the dressing ingredients – olive oil, vinegar, tarragon, parsley, salt, and pepper –in a bowl (or a mason jar) and whisk to combine. Set aside for now.
- Next, start preparing the salad ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced pumpkin in an even layer and cook over medium heat until lightly browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the diced pumpkin with salt and pepper, and toss well in the pan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned on the other side, about 6 to 7minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with the cranberries, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and roasted pumpkin. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve the salad right away.