Cranberry Harvest Parfait
- 1 1/2 gal. Yogurt, non-fat, plain
- 3 qt. Cranberry sauce, whole-berry (7 lb. 5 oz.)
- 3 qt. Granola, whole-grain, no-nuts (3 lb.)
- 1 1/2 qt. Dried sweetened cranberries (1 lb. 12 oz. )
- 3 qt. Pears, canned, in juice or light syrup, drained, diced
- In a bowl or container with a lid, whisk together yogurt and cranberry sauce until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. CCP: Hold cold at 40°F or below.
- In a container with a lid, mix granola and dried cranberries. Cover and hold.
- To Serve: For each parfait, layer the following in a 10 oz. cup or bowl in this order: 3 Tbsp. (#20 scoop) granola-cranberry mixture, 1/4 cup (#16 scoop) chopped pears, 2/3 cup (#6 scoop) cranberry-yogurt mixture, 3 Tbsp. (#20 scoop) granola-cranberry mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. CCP: Hold cold at 40°F or below
- One serving provides 1 oz. eq. grains, 1 oz. eq. meat/meat alternate, 3⁄4 cup fruit
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 365 kcal, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 2.5 mg, Sodium 156 mg, Carbohydrate 80 g, Dietary Fiber 6 g, Protein 10 g, Vitamin C 4 mg, Calcium 271 mg, Iron 1.5 mg, Vitamin A 19 IU, 1% Calories from Saturated Fat
- CCP: Cool to 70˚F or lower within 2 hours and from 70˚F to 40˚F within 4 more hours. Place in shallow pans with a product depth of 2 inches or less and refrigerate or place shallow pans of product into ice bath, immerse pans into ice up to product level and stir frequently. Cover and label product.
- CCP: Reheat to 165˚F or higher for 15 seconds, within 2 hours.
- Wash hands and exposed parts of arms before handling food, after handling raw foods and after any interruption that may contaminate hands. Wash, rinse and sanitize all equipment and utensils before and after use. Return all ingredients to refrigerator if preparation is interrupted. Measure all internal product temperatures with a cleaned and sanitized thermocouple or thermometer every 2 hours. Thaw frozen product properly using an FDA recommended method. Note: Cranberry sauce and yogurt may be layered separately instead of mixed together for a variation. Variations: Try different ingredients, including, plain non-fat Greek yogurt, sliced bananas, pineapple chunks, peach slices, etc.