Cranberry Jalapeno Chutney
- 8 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut in chunks
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, and cut in chunks
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion (about 1 cup), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. orange zest (grated orange peel)
- 2 T orange juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (depends on how sweet you like it)
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Dash of cardamom
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook for 5-10 minutes or until cranberries pop and fruit softens.
- Chill before serving.