Cranberry Orange Bread
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups sugar + 1/4 cup to put on top of the cranberries
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries cut in half
- 2 Tbs grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- Slice cranberries in half. Top with 1/4 cup sugar then set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, orange rind, and vegetable oil.
- Add eggs and combine.
- Slowly add flour mixture, orange juice, and water to sugar mixture.
- Once all mixed together, add chopped nuts and cranberries.
- Divide batter into small greased mini loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.