Cranberry Peach Sangria
Ingredients for Cranberry Peach Sangria
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2cup sugar
- 4 cups 100% cranberry juice
- 1-750 ml bottle light bodied red wine (Sangiovese, Tempranillo)
- 1/2 cup Cointreau, Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 peaches, peeled, and cut into slices
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen cranberries (optional garnish)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the water to create a simple syrup.
- Combine simple syrup, wine, Cointreau, cranberry juice, peaches and orange slices in a large pitcher and let stand at room temperature for 3 hours, then refrigerate until chilled.
- When chilled and ready to serve, add frozen cranberries.