Cranberry Pecan Coffee Cake
For the cake base
- 1 box cinnamon quick bread mix 14-17.5 oz boxed mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries chopped
For the topping
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix quick bread mix with water, canola oil, eggs, and ground cinnamon. Set aside for now.
- In a small saucepan, heat orange marmalade, orange juice and chopped cranberries over medium heat, until warm and well combined, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Fold cranberry mixture into the mixing bowl with the quick bread mixture, then pour the batter into the greased baking dish.
- In another small bowl, combine the topping ingredients: brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans. Pour the topping over the bread mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 28 to 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.