Cranberry Pesto Goat Cheese Crostini
Ingredients for Cranberry Pesto Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup fresh, packed basil
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian Parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Goat Cheese, spreadable, or cream cheese
- Baguette Rounds, toasted 24 each or crackers
- Capers for garnish, if desired
- Pulse garlic in food processor until finely diced. Add Cranberries, basil, walnuts and red pepper flakes. Pulse until blended but chunky.
- Place mixture in medium bow. Stir in parmesan cheese, parsley and oil until blended.
- Spread 1 teaspoon goat cheese or cream cheese over cracker/baguette and top with 1 tablespoon of the Cranberry pesto mixture.
- Garnish with capers if desired.
- Makes 24 appetizers.