Cranberry Potato Cucumber Salad
- 8 oz. small red or yellow-skinned potatoes
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 T reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 T white balsamic or cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. hot red pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- Wash potatoes and boil with skin on for 15-20 minutes or until almost tender. Remove from heat and drain. Cool. Cube and hold. In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar and pepper sauce. Stir in cranberries and let stand 20 minutes to soften cranberries slightly.Stir potatoes, cucumber and scallions into yogurt-cranberry mixture and toss to coat. Adjust seasoning as needed. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Variations: Diced crisp apple or pear may be substituted for cucumber. Try sprinkling with chopped, toasted pecans or walnuts to garnish, if desired.