Ingredients for Cranberry-Quince Chutney
- 20 g Canola Oil
- 60 g small Onion
- 20 g minced fresh Ginger
- 20 g Garlic clove
- 5 g ground Allspice
- 1 Star Anise pod
- 200 g Sugar
- 250 ml Cider Vinegar
- 3 Quinces (cored, peeled, diced)
- 1 Apple (cored, peeled, diced)
- 360 g bag fresh or frozen Cranberries
- 60 g golden Raisins
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic, allspice and star anise and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar, vinegar and 1 cup of water and bring to a simmer.
- Add the quince, apple, cranberries and raisins and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and jammy, about 25 minutes.
- Discard the star anise. Serve the chutney warm or chilled.
- Hilton Beijing