Cranberry Rhubarb Crisp
For the filling
- 3 cups chopped fresh rhubarb 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
For the topping
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans; optional
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the rhubarb, cranberries, sugar, and cornstarch in a large cast iron skillet (or baking dish). Stir everything well to combine.
- Prepare the topping by combining the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, walnuts, and softened butter in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Spread the topping over the filling in the skillet.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 40minutes, or until topping is golden and crisp and the filling is soft. Let cool slightly, then enjoy.
- This recipe makes 6 larger servings or 8 smaller servings. The nutrition analysis is based on 8 servings.
- Enjoy as-is or top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9.5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 88mg | Fiber: 3.5g | Sugar: 23g