Cranberry Salsa Chicken Wrap
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cups Sweet onions, minced 15 oz.
- 3 cups Dried sweetened cranberries 15 oz.
- 2 cups Canned pears in juice, drained, diced 10 oz.
- 2 cups Reserved canned pear juice
- 1/4 cup Vinegar, cider
- 1/4 tsp Ground red pepper
- 1 cup Cilantro, fresh, minced
- 48 Whole-grain wraps, 8 inch
- 3 cups Mayonnaise, low-fat
- 3 qts Shredded romaine lettuce 1 1/2 lb.
- 6 lbs Sliced/ shredded cooked chicken meat 6 lb.
- 1 1/2 qts Cranberry Salsa*
- In a sauce pan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onions and saute for 2 minutes, making sure not to brown. Stir in cranberries, pears, pear juice, vinegar, and red pepper and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until glazed.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Bring to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For each sandwich, lay out wrap on clean, flat, dry surface. Spread each wrap with 1 Tbsp mayonnaise. Top with 1/4 cup lettuce, 2 oz chilled chicken meat and 2 Tbsp Cranberry Salsa. Fold up and secure. Cut in half and seal. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- One serving provides 1 1⁄2 oz. eq. grains, 2 oz. eq. meat/meat alternate, 1⁄8 cup fruit, 1⁄8 cup dark green vegetables
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 321 kcal, Total Fat 12.03 g, Saturated Fat 2.41 g, Trans fat 0 g, Cholesterol 50.75 mg, Sodium 498.74 mg, Carbohydrate 31.27 g, Dietary Fiber 3.84 g, Protein 20.73 g, Vitamin C 1.27 mg, Calcium 115.60 mg, Iron 1.92 mg, Vitamin A 52.68 RE (1315.84 IU), 6.75% Calories from Saturated Fat
- CCP: Cool to 70˚F or lower within 2 hours and from 70˚F to 40˚F within 4 more hours. Place in shallow pans with a product depth of 2 inches or less and refrigerate or place shallow pans of product into ice bath, immerse pans into ice up to product level and stir frequently. Cover and label product.
- CCP: Reheat to 165˚F or higher for 15 seconds, within 2 hours.
- Wash hands and exposed parts of arms before handling food, after handling raw foods and after any interruption that may contaminate hands. Wash, rinse and sanitize all equipment and utensils before and after use. Return all ingredients to refrigerator if preparation is interrupted. Measure all internal product temperatures with a cleaned and sanitized thermocouple or thermometer every 2 hours. Thaw frozen product properly using an FDA recommended method.