Cranberry Sauce with Port and Tangerine
Ingredients for Cranberry Sauce with Port and Tangerine
- 1 (12 -oz) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ruby Port
- 3 (3-by 1/2 inch) strips of tangerine peel
- 1/3 cup tangerine juice (from about two tangerines)
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring cranberries, sugar, Port, and tangerine peel to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cranberries burst, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in tangerine juice.
- Cool completely before serving.