Cranberry Spinach Salad
- Cranberry Dressing*
- 2 cups vinegar, cider
- 1 1/2 cups Cranberry Sauce: (14 oz.)
- 3 Tbsp. Mustard, Dijon-style
- 1 tsp. Black pepper, ground
- 2 1/2 cups Oil, canola
- 3 gal. Baby spinach leaves (8 lb.)
- Turkey, breast, deli-style, cooked, sliced and julienned (4 lb. 12.8 oz.)
- 24 large eggs Eggs, hard-cooked, chopped (3 lb.)
- 1 1/2 qt. Dried sweetened cranberries (1 lb. 12 oz. )
- Cranberry Dressing* (1 1/2 qt. )
- In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, cranberry sauce, mustard and pepper until smooth. While continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle in oil until incorporated and smooth. Place in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use. CCP: Refrigerate below 40°F.
- To Serve: In a bowl or plate, place 1 cup spinach. Top with the following in this order: 1.6 oz. turkey, 2 Tbsp. (#30 scoop) chopped egg, 2 Tbsp. (#30 scoop) dried sweetened cranberries.
- Serve each salad with 2 Tbsp. (#30 scoop) Cranberry Dressing* Note: For a vegetarian option, replace turkey with 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds per serving. Variation: Try baby kale or chopped romaine leaves instead of spinach.
- One serving provides 2 oz. eq. meat/meat alternate, 1⁄4 cup fruit, 1⁄2 cup dark green vegetables
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 281 kcal, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 134 mg, Sodium 477 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Dietary Fiber 3 g, Protein 14 g, Vitamin C 24 mg, Calcium 98 mg, Iron 3 mg, Vitamin A 7263 IU, 8% Calories from Saturated Fat
- CCP: Cool to 70˚F or lower within 2 hours and from 70˚F to 40˚F within 4 more hours. Place in shallow pans with a product depth of 2 inches or less and refrigerate or place shallow pans of product into ice bath, immerse pans into ice up to product level and stir frequently. Cover and label product.
- CCP: Reheat to 165˚F or higher for 15 seconds, within 2 hours.
- Wash hands and exposed parts of arms before handling food, after handling raw foods and after any interruption that may contaminate hands. Wash, rinse and sanitize all equipment and utensils before and after use. Return all ingredients to refrigerator if preparation is interrupted. Measure all internal product temperatures with a cleaned and sanitized thermocouple or thermometer every 2 hours. Thaw frozen product properly using an FDA recommended method. For a vegetarian option, replace turkey with 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds per serving. Variation: Try baby kale or chopped romaine leaves instead of spinach.