Cranberry White Chocolate Mousse
Ingredients for Cranberry White Chocolate Mousse
- 1 1/3 cups (6 oz.) sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur (e.g. Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- 8 oz. white chocolate
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract Garnishes: shaved white chocolate, dried cranberries, mint leaves
- Place cranberries, water, and orange flavored liqueur in medium bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave, cover and let soak at room temperature for one hour.
- Place white chocolate and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes
- Place remaining 1 1/2 cups of cream in chilled, medium bowl. Beat on high until stiff peaks form. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Fold half the whipped cream into the melted white chocolate to create the white chocolate mousse. Set aside remaining whipped cream.
- Place cranberry mixture into food processor and process until finely chopped. Add chopped cranberry mixture to remaining whipped cream.
- Drop spoonfuls of white chocolate mousse and cranberry mouse alternately into eight parfait glasses.
- Garnish with shaved white chocolate, dried cranberries and mint leaves, if desired.