Cranberry Whole Wheat Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (grated orange peel)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed cranberries, halved
- 1 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flours, sugar, baking power, ginger, orange zest, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together milk, melted butter, and egg. Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle granulated sugar on top of muffins, if desired.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.