Cranberry Wholemeal Chocolate Muffins
Ingredients for Cranberry Wholemeal Chocolate Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups flour, all purpose
- 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. orange peel
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 5 T butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or butter muffin pan.
- Mix flours, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, orange peel and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Blend milk, melted butter and egg in separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Fold in cranberies and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle with decorative icing sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned.