Cranberry Wholemeal Chocolate Muffins
Ingredients for Cranberry Wholemeal Chocolate Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp orange zest optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or butter muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, orange zest and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, melted butter and egg. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Fold in dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle with decorative icing sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 16-19 minutes, until a toothpick pulls clean from the center.