Dark chocolate mousse with cranberries & lime
- 10 1/2 ounces good quality chocolate (should contain 60/ 70% cocoa fat)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 T dark rum
- 4 T dried cranberries, chopped
- Zest, juice 2 limes
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water, being careful not to over heat.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl over boiling water for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the cream. In a separate bowl, quickly whisk the chocolate into the eggs, and add the rum, lime juice, zest & chopped cranberries. Stir to combine and then pour in the cream.
- Pour into individual ramekins and place in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate until set and serve.