Festive Cranberry & Green Bean Side Dish
Ingredients for Festive Cranberry & Green Bean Side Dish
- 1 lb (approx) fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 T honey, warmed
- 2 T cranberry juice
- 1/3-1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Cook or steam green beans with orange peel. Drain beans.
- Mix crumbled bacon, warm honey, cranberry juice and dried cranberries together. Gently fold in green beans and toss until well mixed. Fold in slivered almonds and mix gently. Spoon into serving dish or small platter.
- Makes a nice side dish for the holidays. Garnish with a few slices of orange
- Recipe courtesy of: Gillian Knox