Sparkling Cranberry Sangria
- 3 cups fresh cranberries, divided
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brandy
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sweet white wine
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- 1 orange, sliced
- In a medium pot, add 2 cups of cranberries, the orange juice, and sugar. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until all of the cranberries have burst open. You may need to reduce the heat to low once the cranberries start bursting as the liquid will become frothy and could bubble over.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir the brandy to the cranberry mixture. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours. Pour the brandy mixture into a large bowl through a fine mesh strainer. Discard the cranberry pulp. Transfer the sweetened cranberry brandy to a serving pitcher. Add the sliced orange and 1 cup of fresh cranberries. Add the white wine (not sparkling) to the pitcher. Stir. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add the chilled sparkling wine.
- The Cranberry Marketing Committee and Amanda Finks, RDN of The Wholesome Dish