Latin Twist|Lunch|Soups & Salads
Zesty Cranberry Chili
Ingredients for Zesty Cranberry Chili
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 15-oz. can refried beans
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 16-oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 15-oz. can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
In a Dutch oven or large saute pan, brown the ground beef until pink, stirring to separate. Pour off any fat.
Add picante sauce, refried beans, tomatoes, chili powder and garlic. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Add cranberry sauce and kidney beans. Heat thoroughly.
Serve hot with cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, or other favorite toppings.