Zesty Cranberry Chili
Ingredients for Zesty Cranberry Chili
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 15-oz. can refried beans
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 16-oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 15-oz. can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In a Dutch oven or large saute pan, brown the ground beef until pink, stirring to separate. Pour off any fat.
- Add picante sauce, refried beans, tomatoes, chili powder and garlic. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add cranberry sauce and kidney beans. Heat thoroughly.
- Serve hot with cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, or other favorite toppings.